Mobile trends confirm that more and more consumers want their information “on the go”, anywhere, anytime. The advances in mobile technology and the proliferation of tablets have had a tremendous impact on the way consumers search, shop, and buy.
As you’ll see by the following mobile marketing statistics, today’s consumer is untethered and wants their information on the go. Check out some of these interesting stats:
Mobile Website Trends
- Mobile search volume has grown a whopping 500% in the past 2 years. This is HUGE.
- Over 60% of ALL LOCAL SEARCHES are now performed on a mobile device.
- 40% of mobile users immediately visited a competitor’s website if they had a bad user experience on another one (Compuware, 2012). Don’t let your website be the one they leave!
- Yet over 90% of today’s websites are NOT mobile optimmized! Some companies are missing out big time and the ones that do have a great mobile experience are laughing all the way to the bank.
- Even in retail environments, 73% of mobile-powered shoppers would rather access a mobile website than ask a retail clerk for assistance. Crazy but true.
- By 2013 mobile internet is predicted to over take desktop internet usage (Microsoft Tag, 2012)
- Mobile ad spending will reach $7.4 billion by 2017. (Juniper Research, 2012)
- Mobile internet use/web traffic is up 202% in the last year (Mobile Report, 2012)
- 4 out of 5 smartphone users (86 million in the US) use their phone to shop (comScore, 2012)
- 30% of all smartphone users who use their phone to shop have incomes over $100K
- By 2016, smartphones will influence $689 billion (19%) of all retail sales (Deloitte, 2012)
Mobile Commerce Stats
Mobile use is on the rise for commerce as well. Take a look at these stats:
- Mobile payments worldwide will surpass $171 billion in 2012, up 62% in one year (Gartner, 2012)
- 25% of smartphone users say they have purchased something on their mobile devices in the past week. (Wave Collapse, 2012)
- Mobile search will generate 27.8 billion more queries than desktop searches by 2016
- Mobile searches for restaurants have a 90% conversion rate, 64% within the hour (Telemetrics, 2012)
- 47% of ALL consumers confirm they use their mobile device to search for local information (e-Tailing Group, 2012)
- 18% of consumers have redeemed a MOBILE coupon in the past 90 days (JiWire, 2012)
- 57% of consumers won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site (Compuware, 2012)
Many businesses and entrepreneurs are afraid of change, however, these mobile marketing trends represent a tremendous opportunity. The businesses and services that know these trends and take action can use this change to gain valuable traction over their competition and increase their income.
If your business does not currently have a strong mobile presence or a great mobile user experience you are probably losing significant revenue to your competitors who do.
A mobile responsive website is the natural first-step in a mobile marketing campaign to increase prospect leads and turn them into paying customers. Over the next few weeks we are waving our $279 website review fee and will be offering a limited number of complimentary website reviews to qualified businesses and entrepreneurs. Learn more and request a review for your business here.
Autopilot Online Success Founder and CEO