One of the early tasks you’ll need to do for your online success is picking a biz domain name for your website and avoiding some common domain name mistakes. This task should not be taken lightly. It is important to take the time to do this step right, no matter how long it takes.
You want your biz domain name to be congruent with your brand, to generate maximum web traffic, and to get top search engine results.
I personally like to brainstorm with a couple of people to get a long list of possible names. Then eliminate biz domain names that are already taken. GoDaddy (www.GoDaddy.com) can provide this information. Many of your best ideas will probably be taken, which is why this step can be difficult.
Here are 5 common biz domain name mistakes to avoid when choosing from the remaining names:
1. Picking a name that is difficult to spell or say. When you tell someone your domain name, there should be no ambiguity in how to spell it, and they should be able to remember it easily.
2. Not registering variations of the domain name such as plural and hyphenated versions. If you don’t, your competitors will and they will steal some of your traffic. Domain names are inexpensive, don’t skimp here!
3. Not getting a .com extension. Don’t settle for .net, .info, .ws, .bz, etc. If the .com version is not available, pick a different biz domain name.
4. Not using your main keyterm in your domain. You’ll get a higher relevance score from the search engines if your main keyterm is in your domain name. Higher relevance means more traffic.
5. Not owning your name. In addition to any other domain names you purchase, make sure to get your name in the form FirstLast.com. Even if you don’t need it right away, it’s better to get it before someone else does.
Your biz domain name is a very important aspect of your online success. Avoiding these 5 domain name mistakes is well worth the time you will spend to choose the right name.
Your Partner In Massive Online Success,
Bonus Tip – For domain hosting, autoresponders, a video prospecting system, and more for just $1 click here…